Clarify opportunities & where you should focus your R&D efforts by reviewing most impacting innovations in barrier technology
: active PLA, selectively breathable films, retort EVOH...
Independent expert Dr. Rosato will share his insight on a selection of new materials and technologies for enhanced fresh-cut produce shelf-life, easier recycling, transparency...
Course Type Innovation - Level Intermediate
Why you should attend
- Save time with a synthetic & neutral overview of latest innovations helping improve barrier performance against oxygen, light and water vapor
- Feed your creativity by seeing how others are addressing food packaging challenges:
in-package atmosphere control, sustainability / recycling, costs...
- Anticipate the future of EVOH, PP, PE, PA, EVA, PLA & PVDC by clarifying how latest barrier solutions change the food packaging landscape
Who is it for?
R&D & Marketing professionals with a need to keep aware of latest advances in barrier technologies in the food packaging industry – from raw material producers to designers.
The following sections will be covered during this session:
- Barrier Solutions for Food Packaging
- Material Advances in Plastic Barriers
New Barrier Resin Developments
Nanotechnology and Additives
Active and Smart Packaging Materials
- Developments in Barrier Packaging
High Barrier Flexible Film
High Barrier Rigid Packaging
- Food Packaging Barrier Applications
Flexible Barrier Packaging
Rigid PET Barrier Packaging
- The Future in Food Packaging Barrier Technologies
- Major Barrier Food Packaging Players/References
At the end of the training there will be a Q&A Session where you can pose questions to Dr. Donald Rosato.
A transcript of all the questions and answers will be made available after the event.
Philipp N. ,
"Very great review of the innovation that are in their infancy for barrier packaging!"
Leonard D. ,
from Sun Chemical:
"The course gives a good overview of new and competing barrier technologies for food packaging."
Steven de B. ,
"The broad overview of developments that are being commercialized today was useful to me."
Didier H. ,
from EVAL Europe:
"Nice overview of barrier packaging innovations. Time gain for us to do the same search. Thanks"
Kevin H. ,
from Avery Dennison:
"Excellent overview of multiple barrier packaging technologies and the companies that supply the services."
Douglas B. ,
"Very Good! Provided an external perspective on food barrier solutions."
Don Rosato has been following very closely latest advances in barrier solutions for the food packaging industry and he will present and share his expert view on most significant developments.
Attend and clarify the potential offered by these selected innovations:
What does it really bring to the industry? What is still not fixed/ addressed? On what are research people still focusing their efforts?
This session is not to be missed if you need to structure your knowledge on current and promising barrier solutions and get fresh ideas for your future developments!
Attend e-Training Courses with your colleagues
(even if they are not in the same place):
||Group / Multi Access
|Number of attendees
||Up to 3 attendees
||Up to 10 attendees
|Number of connections
||Up to 3 connections
|Fee (currency converter)
SpecialChem is not accountable for users' costs linked to participating in the e-Training Course, including but not limited to
the phone and Internet connection fees. We advise you to use your computer's audio. We also provide local phone numbers for when available.
Your registration includes
- Pdf slides at least 24h before the live session
- 1h online short course by an independent expert
- Live interaction with the expert during the 30-minute Q&A session
- Q&A Transcript when you submit your feedback on the course
- Expert contact details to further discuss your projects
You can cancel your order any time prior to the course by writing to email@example.com
- All cancellations made before presentation slides are sent will be charged 30% of total order price
- If presentation slides have been sent but the live session has not yet been delivered, 50% of total order price will be charged
- All cancellations made after the course will be charged a full amount of the order price.
|Special Offers on e-Training Courses
Discount on your second session:
Register online to 2 sessions at the same time & get 25% off the cheapest one
Purchase credits in advance & attend whenever you or your colleagues want within 12 months.
- 5 credits: € 999 (save up to 30%)
- 10 credits: € 1499 (save up to 55%)
(*) 1 regular access = 1 credit used,
1 group/multi access = 2 credits used
12-month access to all e-Training Courses for € 5999